What information is collected from you while using this app, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
When you enable anonymous usage statistics, we may collect the following information to help improve our products and services:
- Vehicle year, make, and model
- Anonymized VIN (stripped of the vehicle serial number)
- Supported PIDs, supported InfoTypes, OBD2 protocol, and OBD standard
- OBD adapter name and vendor
- Application usage information including screen usage
The anonymized vehicle information may be shared with 3rd parties, to help improve our products and services.
For debugging and troubleshooting purposes, we may ask you to send a debug log from the application. The information in the debug log is solely used to help address the problems that you are having with the app. If you choose to send the debug log, the following information is collected:
- Application name and version
- Platform name and version
- OBD2 communications, which includes information about your scan tool and vehicle
- Your email address
- Any error messages that may have occurred while you were using the application
- Application preference settings
- Year, make, model, option, OBD2 protocol, and fingerprint of all stored vehicles
Your Options for Information Collection
You may choose to restrict the collection of information by disabling anonymous usage statistics in the app settings. If you believe that any information we are holding is incorrect, you may contact us at any time, and we will correct any information that is found to be incorrect.
We take precautions to protect your information. When sensitive information is submitted via the app, the information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted to us, we also protect your information offline. The computers/servers in which we store the collected information are kept in a secure environment.